Thursday, January 6, 2011

do you have their heart

"Anyone can run a house like a general and get kids to obey. The end result shouldn't be just obedience, we should capture the heart of our children". Andrew said this to me after a conversation he had with his boss. Man I love this. How often do I just want my result to be obedience without giving a thought to where my kids heart is. What an awareness this is. To be aware in those moments of teaching to recognize out of what motive our children are obeying. Reflecting(as I always find myself doing) I filter through the times of recent training with my kids. What a heart check for me. As always I am reminded of Gods love for me and continually humbled... it's not about performance, its about my heart. Does Jesus have my heart. Am I obeying God's commands out of obligation or love. I'm thinking I need a remodel. Freedom is on the horizon! Chip away Lord chip away at the jagged edges until they are made smooth in Your hand. Thank you Jesus. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment